This online tool uses the Watershed image segmentation algorithm to split image regions in foreground and background. The app works with user-controlled markers and demonstrates how the Watershed algorithm works. Also, this little app can serve as a simple background removal.
Drag and Drop
Click the Browse button to select file from your device.
Press Ctrl+V to paste an image from clipboard.
Use a sample image
How to use the segmentation tool?
The following quick steps describe how to use this segmentation app to remove background from an image:
Select media source
The following user interface controls allow you to select a media source:
- Browse button – click to select an image or video from your computer.
- Camera button – activate your web-camera to apply this filter on live video
- Reset button – click it to see the original image without any filtering
Configure the filter
This Watershed segmentation method uses user-controlled seeds to separate objects from the background. Use the following UI controls to change the filter parameters:
- Marker– use this drop box to select the seed type – Background or Foreground.
- After selecting the marker type, simply move the mouse over the image while holding down the left button.
- Execute – click this button when you are done placing the markers
The image below shows how the segmentation tool works:
Click on a photo below to open another image app.
This Watershed segmentation tool can work with various image formats like JPEG, PNG, WebP, etc. It is a free web application that runs in a browser without downloading or installing. It is watermark-free and serves as a demo of how Watershed image flooding works.