Welcome to the revision history of Fiveko’s imaging tools.
Here you can find release notes about the important changes in the image applications. This page provides an overview of recent modifications and updates.
Version 1.68 (Feb 2023)
Initial version of Marker Drawing effect. The instrument turns a picture into a sketch drawn with a marker (the sample image below).
Version 1.67 (Jan 2023)
Improvements to Image Contours Extractor (Outlines to SVG):
- Updated image noise reduction to provide better edge smoothing
- Updated edge threshold algorithm
- Removed the Threshold slider in a favor of automatic edge level detection
Improvements in image loading and rendering.
Version 1.66 (Dec 2022)
New image tool for Image Binarization (Binary Threshold). Some of its features are:
- Convert image to black and white by binary threshold
- Automatic threshold detection
- Converting to black and white image by dithering
Improved user interface to allow the JPG, WebP, PNG images from clipboard via Ctrl+V.
Version 1.65 (2022 Dec)
Introduction of photo to cartoon conversion as a part of the online image tools. Some of the features of the app are:
- Transform a regular photo into a cartoon
- Control the strength of the paint effect
- Control stroke strength
Version 1.64 (Nov 2022)
Initial version of the Image Pixelator tool. This version allows to pixelate an image or only a part of it. The user can control the pixel size using a slider.
Version 1.63 (Nov 2022 )
The initial version of Image Outlines Extractor (Contours to SVG) The features of this tool are:
- Extract image contours as vector graphics polylines
- A color picker to customize the edge color
- Control stroke width/size
- Customize edge density
- Control the curvature level
Version 1.62 (Aug 2022)
Initial version of Color Splash (Smart RGB to Gray). A small photo utility that can convert an RGB image to monochrome while preserving a specific hue.
- Use the color picker to select the input color
- Use Tolerance slider to control the gray-scale effect
Version 1.61 (Aug 2022)
New image tool for color adjustment and hue rotation. Some of it’s features are:
- Change image color using Hue rotation
- Adjust the saturation of the photo
- Control the Lightness
Version 1.55 (Jul 2022)
Release of a new Color Replacement App that can change a user-selected color with a simple click.
- Click on the image to select a color to change
- Use the color picker to select the target color
- Use the tolerance slider to control the amount of change
Version 1.49 (Jul 2022)
Initial version of Picture to Painting Effect. The tool converts an image into an oil painting.
This section lists a brief summary of the older versions releases.
|1.38||New tool to add embossed or engraved photo effect to photos and images – Engraved photo effect|
|1.35||New image tool to separate the background from the foreground – Watershed image segmentation|
|1.32||Introduction of a new noise reduction filter – Symmetric Nearest Neighbor Filter|
|1.31||A new classic object detection tool – the Hough Circle Detector|
|1.21||The initial version of Harris Corner Detector|
|1.12||The first version of image edge detection tool – Gradient Edge Detectors|
|1.11||The first release of Gaussian blur app|
Some of the most popular image tools are: